YES, we have it! We’ve spent the past couple of days getting used to the idea that it’s ours. Wow, it’s ours… still crazy to think it’s really here!
This was just day 1!
On Day 2 – Thursday morning.. The longly awaited Version 7 software was pushed to my 1 day old Model S! The big deal? This software update (which occurred over the internet).. enabled… AutoPilot!
Specifically, the following features were included:
- Maintain you in your current lane of travel
- Maintain your requested speed, or that of the vehicle ahead of you, whichever is lower
- Change lanes on multi-lane roadways at your request (and if it is clear to do so at that moment)
- Automatic Parallel Parking
- Side impact warning
- A complete overhaul of the dash instrumentation
And, here’s a quick video I did demonstrating the AutoPilot capabilities: