There we were, driving down the road out of Capitan, NM, when what to my steely eyes did appear ( and ears ), but a FAST LEAKAGE warning from my Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)! Continue reading “TPMS FTW”
After seeing the custom built desk Chris at GeekRV had, we went crazy with ideas for our workspace. Thanks to Ron Gatchell we have enough space, and it looks like it came from the Tiffin factory floor this way.
A few highlights and details about our design:
- The Corian is 144″ long, and our need was for 133″ in length, so the main top took up almost ALL of the $850 piece of Corian.
- To gain the extra functionality that we wanted, we gave Ron our existing Buffet and Tabletop (along with all the cabinetry) so he could re-use it in our new desk!
- Both sitting areas have pull-out keyboard trays
- In between the two sitting areas, we incorporated a pull-out workspace extension for soldering, 3d printing, etc..
- We also had a pull-out Laptop storage cubby built into the middle area to keep up to 3 laptops safe during travel
- Since Lehnanne is a lefty, we were able to include a pull-out writing area for her on the far left side, above the drawers.
But, my favorite part!!! Is the pop-up monitor! The lift was purchased directly from the manufacturer, Nexus 21 (be warned, they are pricey, but made in the USA and are very high quality). Video below:
As you may recall, we announced CoachProxy some time back and we are currently in the beta test phase of the release. The beta program is going very well and I did something you may not have expected this soon. We think this is really cool and wanted to share it.
No better way really to show this other than a video. So, here you go!
Voice Control is really for the advanced users, but it does show what we are able to do with CoachProxy in a Tiffin motorhome. I just had to get away from the normal development and do something fun. This capability does require a CoachProxy, an Amazon Alexa enabled device (Echo, Tap, Dot (must be ordered via Echo), Fire TV, etc), and an always on Internet connection (required by Amazon Alexa devices).