The view from my seat today includes lovely sunshine and homemade bread pudding.
GF NSA Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar or sub (I used Just Like Sugar Baking)
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups of cubed stale bread (I used a home made GF sandwich bread a friend made)
- 1 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 325 degrees. Prepare a 9×9 baking dish by either buttering the dish or spraying the dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the milk and butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Line the baking dish with 1/2 of the bread cubes.
- Sprinkle the top of the slices with half of the chocolate chips.
- Put the remaining bread cubes over the chocolate chips.
- Pout the milk mixture over the bread slices evenly so that all of the slices are covered in the mixture.
- Top the bread cubes with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Allow the baking dish to stand for 15 minutes to give the bread time to soak up the liquid.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is set and the bread cubes are lightly browned.