As much as we love our Tesla Model S, we’ve decided it’s time for a change and will be trading our beloved Tesla in this summer. After much test-driving, measuring, test-fitting (in the car hauler), re-measuring, discussing, more test-driving, etc… We’ve ordered our next vehicle.
A 2017 Tesla Model X P100D Ludicrous!!
In order to not cause Lehnanne a panic attack every time I back it into the car hauler, we’re sticking with the 20″ rims (vs the 22″ rims). The extra width of the X with the 20″ rims is quite enough added pressure.
We’re scheduling it for a late July delivery!
- Pearl White Multi-coat
- 20″ Silver (will be re-coated black gloss)
- 6 Seat Interior
- Premium Package, Red Brake Calipers (included), Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving Capability, Smart Air Suspension (included), Subzero Weather Package, Premium Sound, Towing Package, High Amperage Charger (included)
Some method to our madness
A lot of thought went into this decision. Here are a few of the highlights for the change:
- The X is WAY easier for Lehnanne to get in and out of. With a fibro flare around any corner, this is of significant importance to me, let alone her. The extra height of the X allows her to easily sit and pivot into the vehicle.
- I’m a geek… (in case you didn’t know) and Tesla has updated the Autopilot hardware ( now HW2, or AP2 ) to include 8 cameras, longer range ultrasonic sensors, forward facing radar and a MUCH more powerful computer to process all the input. This new suite can allow for FULLY AUTONOMOUS driving!! Don’t believe me? Here, go watch this video demonstrating it!
- Money, money, money! Ok, not the way that sounds. This is the last year it’s likely to be easy to get the full $7500 federal tax credit for purchasing a Tesla vehicle. Once the Model 3 begins production, the number of cars being sold will quickly exceed the maximum number allowed by the tax credit. Yes, it probably won’t start dwindling until sometime next year… but I’m more comfortable jumping now.
- Why ludicrous? Oh, no great justification here… I just wanna get off the line VERY quickly! ( 0-60mph in 2.9 seconds! )
We’d like to extend a special thanks to Michael Curtis of the Scottsdale Tesla Store in Arizona. He went well above and beyond in helping with our decision!
Photo Gallery (what it will look like after the rims are re-coated)